"The Packard Plant is former automobile manufacturing factory in Detroit, Michigan where luxury Packard cars were made by the Packard Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, and later by the Studebaker-Packard Corporation of South Bend, Indiana.
The 3,500,000 square foot, plant was designed by Albert Kahn and is located on over 40 acres of land on East Grand Boulevard. It included the first use of reinforced concrete for industrial construction in Detroit.
The Packard Plant was opened in 1903 and at the time was considered the most modern automobile manufacturing facility in the world with skilled craftsmen who practiced over eighty trades. The factory closed in 1958, however, but the buildings remain standing as of 2011, and the city has pledged legal action to have it demolished or secured.
Since its abandonment, it has served as a haven for graffiti artists, urban explorers, paintballers, auto scrappers and scavengers. A number of the outer buildings were in use by businesses as recently as 2007, but no more tenants appear to remain." - Wikipedia